Protein networks and complexes regulating eukaryotic mRNA decay
The control of gene expression allows cells and organisms to adapt to changing conditions and to drive internal programmes such as cell cycle or development. Gene expression is an intricate multistep pathway in eukaryotes, allowing for multiple layers of regulations. But this process is also error prone. Thus, potentially deleterious aberrant transcripts need to be rapidly eliminated.
Our goal is to understand how the RNA decay process contributes both to regulated gene expression and to the elimination of defective transcripts. Several pathways implicated in the degradation of eukaryotic RNAs have been identified. If most of the enzymes involved in this process are now known, the mechanisms activating specific enzymes in defined conditions remain to be elucidated. For example, we would like to decipher the mechanisms allowing cells to discriminate bona fide mRNA from defective transcripts or how the stability of specific RNA is regulated. This requires the characterization of the various protein complexes implicated in RNA decay and of their dynamic interactions. Additional complexity arises from the connection of mRNA decay to other cellular processes. Integrated approaches are thus necessary to decipher globally the contribution of mRNA decay to gene expression control.
- Analysis of mRNA damages regulation
- Mechanisms of aberrant mRNA quality control
- Characterization methods of proteic complexes
M. Graille, Orsay
J. Bravo, Espagne
C. Muller, Allemagne
K. Neugebauer, Allemagne
A. Dziembowski, Pologne
D. Libri, Gif/Yvette
A. Jacquier, Institut Pasteur
- Antonia VAN DEN ELZEN - Prix de thèse - Université de Strasbourg - 2014
- Bertrand Seraphin - Prix Emilia Valori - Académie des sciences - 2013
- Bertrand SERAPHIN - Inventor of the Year - European Patent Office (EPO) - 2008
- Bertrand SERAPHIN - Silver Medal - CNRS - 2007
- Nicolas COUGOT - Eugénie de Rosemont prize - Chancellerie des universités de Paris - 2005
- Bertrand SERAPHIN - Pierce prize - International Society for Molecular Recognition - 2005
- Bertrand SERAPHIN - Guest Lecturer for the 22nd William Ferdinand Memorial Lecture - Sheffield Universty - 2003
- Bertrand SERAPHIN - Member of the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) - European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) - 2000
- Jan. 14, 2014 - Stress response and regulation of translation
- Jan. 1, 2014 - Bertrand Séraphin and Yann Hérault succeed Brigitte Kieffer at the head of the IGBMC
- Feb. 19, 2012 - Trapped in a ring
PLoS One May 15, 2014 ; 9:e96828 .
Cell Rep Feb. 27, 2014 ; 6:593-8 .
EMBO J Feb. 3, 2014 ; 33:265-76 .
Nat Struct Mol Biol Nov 2013 ; 20:1281-8 .
Nucleic Acids Res Nov. 1, 2013 ; 41:9514-23 .
FEBS J Jun 2013 ; 280:2712-26 .
Biochim Biophys Acta Jun-Jul 2013 ; 1829:491-513 .
RNA Biol Feb. 1, 2013 ; 10:267-76 .
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol Nov 2012 ; 13:727-35 .
Curr Opin Microbiol Jun 2012 ; 15:348-50 .