Understanding the molecular mechanisms of life
One of the leading biomedical research centres in Europe, IGBMC explores very diverse themes, combining fundamental and applied research in life sciences. The 51 research teams conduct research on various topics, ranging from structural analysis of proteins to human genetics, stem cells, biophysics and epigenetics. The scientific results of the Institute have already allowed significant advances, notably in the understanding of many human pathologies such as certain cancers or rare genetic diseases.
Discover IGBMC's research teams:
Discover the research carried out in IGBMC's 4 departments:
- Development and stem cells
- Integrated structural Biology
- Functional genomics and cancer
- Translational medicine and neurogenetics
Research programs across departments:
Three transversal programs are set around the following strategic priorities :
- Mouse models of human diseases
- Bioinformatics and biocomputing
- Integrative Analyses of Gene Expression and the Epigenome
While different in nature, all three programs gather interest from a large number of teams across departments and enhance internal collaborations, develop new research lines and foster innovation.